The American Prospect, the magazine of politics and policy based in Washington, D.C., is seeking a dynamic individual to join our team full time, leading our visual presentation across all aspects of print, digital and social publishing.
Here’s what we are expecting:
- Fluency in understanding and interpreting complex political, legislative and social policy content
- Strong understanding of print, digital and social platforms
- Exceptional design skills in both print and digital, including layout, typography, video, motion and pattern
- Solid foundation in informational graphics and data visualization
- Strong photo editing skills, and the ability to match freelance and agency photography with stories for print and digital presentation
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Cloud software suite
Here’s what you will be doing:
- Cultivating a diverse array of freelance artists, working with them to conceptualize illustrations for publication
- Working with editors to plan content, maintaining high standards for design while delivering projects on deadline
- Producing illustrative art on the fly for breaking social and digital presentations
- And. More.
Please submit your letter, resume, portfolio link and design samples by Sunday, Dec. 1, 2019.